Sunday, January 27, 2008

Okie Noodling




Fishing Derby Photo
www.okienoodling.com

My instructor for this class recommended that I check out this movie in conjunction with talking about Midwestern culture. Though Oklahoma is technically not part of the midwest, it reminded me of a lot of different people and values associated with the Midwest. It reminded me of a much more challenging and intense version of fishing derbies...for those of you not familiar with what a fishing derby is, it is a fish catching challenge in which you use a cane pole with no reel and there are multiple categories that you can win prizes in (longest fish, heaviest fish etc). A great documentary nonetheless and a pretty incredible sport to witness. I will post some photos of a local fishing derby that I covered over the summer as well as the movie cover and a photo from the website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home